A Spacious Residential Care Home with Beautiful Features
Along with our competitive care home costs Oxendon House has much to offer our elderly residents. We have:
- 43 bedrooms, all for single occupancy, which means Oxendon still feels like a home rather than a care facility like many larger homes. It also means our manager knows all his residents extremely well
- Attractive and spacious bedrooms that you can personalise, so it can feel like a home-from-home very quickly, enabling you to settle in well. Each room is slightly different, so you can choose the one that suits you and your budget best
- En-suite facilities in all rooms allowing for your privacy and convenience. Most rooms also have full wet room facilities for those with limited mobility
- A 24-hour call facility in every room provides the reassurance to make you feel safe and secure
- A television point in every bedroom so you have the freedom to watch what you want, when you want
- Bespoke furniture and furnishings provided, though we encourage you to bring anything you would like with you to personalise your room as much as possible and help you feel completely at home
- Four comfortable and very different residents’ lounges allowing for a range of social interaction or peace and quiet, when you want
- A separate dining room to help make meal times a meaningful experience. We offer our residents the ability to eat in any room or their own bedrooms if they prefer
- A striking refurbished grand staircase forming the centre piece of our characterful home
- A pleasant patio area with outdoor chairs and tables and a gazebo for the enjoyment of the gardens and weather
- Extensive well-maintained gardens to the rear of the property for stretching your legs and getting some fresh air or just to look at with beautiful views of the countryside in the distance
- An additional sensory garden allowing all our residents to experience a wide range of exotic plants, herbs and flowers by touch, sight and smell
- High speed broadband available throughout the home via WiFi
- Several assisted bathrooms and showers in addition to all residents’ personal bathroom facilities
- A passenger lift to access the first and second floors, should you need them. There is also a chair lift for those residents not wanting to use a passenger lift and for emergencies
- Ample car parking, including four rapid electric charging points, for when your family and friends come to visit
Additionally, we can arrange for:
- Visits from GPs, opticians, physiotherapists, chiropodists, dentists, occupational therapists and members of all denominations of the clergy
- Hairdressing service
- The provision of personal telephone lines
If there are any additional requirements you need that are not mentioned here, we can discuss them when you come for an initial visit.
Residential Care Home Fees
As Oxendon House is a country house which has been tastefully extended over time to retain its original character, we have a wide variety of rooms of varying sizes and specifications. We have rooms which are suitable for both privately funded residents and residents to be funded by social services. Some of the larger social services rooms may require a modest top-up payment from family or friends depending on the care needs of the resident.
We aim to be totally upfront and transparent about all our fees, and to provide the highest standards of care whatever fees are paid.
To be eligible for your local authority to pay elderly care fees, the resident must not have savings of over £23,250 (2019). In addition, the local authority will generally require a contribution towards the cost of care they fund from the resident’s income and resources. If a resident has a property to sell they are generally eligible for a 12 week period of disregard from the local authority, which can be further extended to cover the period up until the house sale is completed. (This means the council will pay for the initial 12 weeks to give time for the property to sell, and then the monies need to be re-paid to the council). Further information can be obtained from your local authority and there is a useful guide produced by Age UK here.
Residents’ and Third Party Terms and Conditions
As well as being totally transparent about our fees, we believe in being totally clear about our Terms and Conditions, and therefore request that these are read and agreed to before our residents move in. These Terms and Conditions provide many important protections for our residents and their next of kin.